I recently discovered a fantastic, calorific, American Facebook group called the Tipsy Bartender which have some fantastic recipes which I have been dying to try with friends (as it seems silly to buy a whole bottle of something only for the drink to be made once) so I thought why not make a list of my favourites from the channel?
Now I know it’s only Thursday and it’s not quite party night but if like me, you like to plan ahead of time, maybe today is the day you decide to pick up a bottle of rum or champers to make one of these recipes as a dessert or aperitif for a dinner party.
Warning for chocolate fans, the martini looks damn tasty.
2 oz. (60ml) Champagne
1 oz. (30ml) Coconut Rum
1 oz. (30ml) Pineapple Juice
Frozen Pineapple Chunks
1. Add coconut rum to base of champagne flute.
2. Next add pineapple juice and top with champagne.
3. Drizzle grenadine into glass and drop in a few frozen pineapple chunks to chill. Enjoy!
RASPBERRY PINK CHAMPAGNE FLOAT
1 oz. (30ml) Raspberry Vodka
3 oz. (90ml) Pink Champagne
2 Scoops Raspberry Sorbet
1. Place two scoops of raspberry sorbet in wine glass.
2. Add raspberry vodka and top with pink champagne.
3. Add fresh raspberries as garnish. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY MARTINI
1 oz. (30ml) Strawberry Vodka
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Chocolate Liqueur
1 ½ oz. (45ml) White Creme De Cacao
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Half & Half
1. Garnish edge of martini glass with chocolate sauce and chocolate shavings.
2. In an ice filled glass combine strawberry vodka, chocolate liqueur, white creme de cacao and half and half. Shake well to combine.
3. Drizzle chocolate sauce inside martini glass and strain mix.
4. Garnish with strawberry skewer and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
JACK DANIELS ROOT CANAL FLOAT
2 oz. (60ml) Jack Daniels
6 oz. (180ml) Root Beer
Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Add jack daniels to base of glass and top with root beer.
2. Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and garnish with cherry. Enjoy!
SALTED CARAMEL SHOOTERS
3 oz. (90ml) Caramel Vodka
2 oz. (60ml) RumChata
Check out the rest of their cocktail recipes @TipsyBartender on Facebook.
For more yummy recipes and lifestyle posts, follow this blog. At The Ramblings of a Madwoman we have no boundaries so strap in and get settled for the mystery tour!